Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Character Find of 2008... Rocky!!!



Hello and welcome to Hoopla!




I've been a little busy lately, but now I have a friend who's going to help me with these comic-book reviews... so, without any further ado, allow me to introduce my new cat, Rocky!!!






>Meow.<






Rocky and I are going to do some reviews together and I think you'll agree that, together, we are a force to be reckoned with... unto like a fist of iron!!!




The first comic I wanted to talk about was the single most enjoyable comic I've read in... well, in a very long time. I'm talking about Superman/Batman #51, which features the return of some hallucinations that Superman had in a previous story... only they're no longer hallucinations.


The whole thing is pretty damn funny, but the best part is the little Batman featured on the cover below...





He talks tough, just like the Batman we all know and love, but he's so cuuuute!!!


Rocky, what did you think of Superman/Batman #51?



>No tuna.<



I'm sorry...?



>No tuna. Two paws down.<



Yeah but, Rocky... that's not really fair. I mean, none of the comics that came out this month had tuna in them. Or were about tuna. At all.



>Two paws down.<



For what...?



>All of this month's comics. No tuna. Two paws down.<



But...



>Two paws down comics! Give me some tuna.<



Yeah, but Rocky, this is a comic-book review column. People from around the world come here to find out which comics are recommended and which to stay away from... and, you know, there's general commentary about comic-books and...



>Two paws down.<



For...?



>Hoopla! No tuna! Two paws down!!!<



But, Rocky...



>Two paws down!!! Two paws down!!! Dumb Hoopla! Two paws down!!!<



>Tuna!!! Two paws up!!!<

Hm. Well, I hope you will join me next week (or thereabouts) for an all-new Hoopla!, in which I'll be looking at a bunch of new comics and... um... and I want to thank Rocky for joining me for this very special Hoopla! column...

Thanks, Rocky.

>No problem, Paul.<

No comments: